Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI

Russ
Super Contributor
Nothing like another illegal strike to bugger up a nice little uptrend.Very inconsiderate.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
sponono
Super Contributor
Long. If the triple bottom plays out the target is R134.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
As soon as the strike is sorted out it should get going again.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I will be happy with a close above 10600 today.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Ex div today as well, I think.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
yep 160 cents
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
R10600 on the button.I'll settle for that.Just clinging to the uptrend.
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Russ - what about the miners also demanding R12500 - BTW I own GFI & HAR
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think their demands are messing up my portfolio.Can never understand how workers can demand 100% increases when unemployment is running at about 40%.In China they would fire them all and hire the unemployed at half the wage!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- And now Malema calls for a nationwide strike. Hard to see any prosperous outcome for this country's economy, esp. the mining sector. Guess we can kiss new FDI goodbye and witness a weakening Rand. The sooner the Chinese take over and employ their ow
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
We don't need malema to put the final nail in the SA mining coffin...http://www.bdlive.co.za/opinion/columnists/2012/09/11/eskom-not-scrimping-on-its-staff
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
The danger is strikes spreading past the mining sector to other sectors of the economy. Somewhere a tipping point could be reached that would spook foreign investors. They would then leave faster than they ever came or would ever come back.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm just looking at the GFI chart and wondering why you would buy this ?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Those numbers are mind blowing ! Frankly ,all considered ,the future is looking downright desperate. And just yesterday, Zuma uttered some cr-@p about the Anc's superb service delivery record. The tipping point is upon the country.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought on 5 Sept at 10210 as it broke out of its short term downtrend and the oscillators were coming off an oversold position.It was looking good for a move up to about 11200 and got to 10850 easily.Then came the strike! I agree not for long term,but obviously just to trade.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
reminds me of Gold Reef City's Anaconda
0 Kudos