Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFISBA volumes of note

kr_pto
Super Contributor
Did anyone else see the massive 23mill GFISBA warrants traded this morning at 16? not sure if someone offloaded or loaded up. but that is some serious geared moola. brazen, is that you again? ;)
didnt know the market maker could handle that sort of volume in one trade (4 million per trade), unless it was by direct arrangement? anyone know how that works?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, that size would be discussed before hand, then it's just a matter fo enough volume in the underlying.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
thanks. so i presume one cant read too much into the fact that it was at the bid not offer price at the time? i.e. since it was prearranged, may not sync up with the time of the spread on the warrant?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
...and I guess STD Bank could not believe their luck !!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
If you've been following my GFI postings...you will know that is only a joke. (by the way, how you doing B babes ?) GFI is not my favourite - hate the dog.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
he he. slowly breading hate in me too. but at some point she is going to run hard. just starting to think we may all die waiting...
0 Kudos
101bn
Contributor
obviosly some big players involved. Now how strong will the run be?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
The dude who made the buy could be Zarpian ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well then here's the really bad news. GFI may NEVER run hard ...
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
or it could have been a sell. but based on historical volumes i am also guessing it was a buy. but today not looking good at all. grr
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I got it !! It was some oak investing his mother-in-law's pension money !!
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
if i was a cynic (which i clearly am) i might think someone knows something we dont. mmm maybe a bit of insider trading happening? shock shock horror horror shock shock horror. at that's just the words of a song
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
or some oak with too much cash to burn burning his fingers at the same time.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
or she may. guess we'll never know until she does or doesnt. just so long as we dont die trying to find out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On the Standard site for GFISBA I see only 6 trades at 09:19 with a total value of ~R3.8 million? Disappearing data?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, I misread U said 23M warrants....
0 Kudos