Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GIJ

SD
Contributor
I believe next week they coming out with their results. Does anyone have any idea what the results are expected to be like? The only reason i'm holding right now is because i'm expecting good results and therefore a boost in the share price. Any comments? Thank you
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Final for June 2008 is due to be released on Thursday, 25 Sep 2008 (Unconfirmed)
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
Aren't they coming out with a trading update this week? I read somewhere on this forum that they would?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Was there any cautionary re results?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Yes. Read it on sens - actual release of results expected this Wed.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
In this regard, shareholders are advised that GijimaAst's reported basic earnings per share ("EPS") for the year ended 30 June 2008 are expected to improve by between 100% and 115% from the reported profit per share from continuing operations of 5.57 cents for the year ended 30 June 2007. Headline earnings per share ("HEPS") for the same period are expected to improve by between 100% and 115% from the reported HEPS of 5.54 cents for the year ended 30 June 2007. Expected results looks very good. Market gave this share a huge klap when they withdrew the cautionary. Think everyone waithing for some news re the withdrawal. Got a few SSf at 70 c. Hoping to sell in the mid eighties later this week.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
anyone know when are the results out?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Per their sens dated 7th August 2008, they are planned for release on SENS on Wednesday, 27 August 2008.
0 Kudos
SD
Contributor
So what now? Will the price start increasing or steadily decrease from today onwards?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not much movement today. On the earnings of 11.7c the company is on a historic PE of 6.6.The market is obviously discounting the SITA affair to a degree, then again a chap on summit last night from Galileo was punting Simeka as a cheap buy and it was on a historic of 3-4 times. Maybe 6.6 is right for GIJ? heard a rumour that the +100% growth would continue into the next year in which case the share price would rocket. But then again this share seems to be draped in "rumours".
0 Kudos