Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GIJ

Rodgerz
Contributor
any views on this share...do you think its a good buy perhaps
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Harathke
Regular Contributor
No. Hows that for a view?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, at the risk of sounding like the bad guy - here we go. The forum generally frowns on this type of question. The forum will confirm statements, or contradict opions. We will lend our own opinions on stock entry levels, but generally require an opinion to be rendered prior to that. We will render our own advise on systems, methodologies, technicals - but you will almost never get anyone in the forum to give generic advise on a share off the back of a losely worded question like 'what do you think of this one', or 'why is this dropping so much'. The main reason is that nobody in their right mind should act on the kind of tip that will be given as a response in any case.
0 Kudos
Rodgerz
Contributor
you're a scholar and a gentleman...thank you
0 Kudos
The_White_Strip
Occasional Contributor
Just get a feeling that a SENS on a settlement for Who Am I Online is imminent. Gijima and Home Affairs recently met for a meeting. I think the share will fly after an official SENS statement. Already the price ran up 8% yesterday, and I think thats only the beginning. We could easily see R1.20 soon. I think its a good buy, Its trading on half its historic PE and has a nearly 7% dividend. Start accumulating before SENS announcement. Just my 2c worth.
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
Mmmmmmmmmm..... 2.2 Billion in the budget for "who am I online" I wonder how much will go to GIJ?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Looks cheap. BUT - if things go well with the government - you will get your chance to buy in a little higher; If things go badly - this share will get smashed - IMO. Bad rsk /reward play to buy before there is clarity!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
So GIJ will lose money in the first half (over and above the 28c once-off witeoff. And then there is the issue of the impact on her cash flow going forward espec. relating to excess staff, waio subcontract obligations etc. AND the fact that she has focused on this - probably - to the detriment of her other operations...
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Ok now this share has taken a beating, but still today it show some recovery. I reacon it could be back at least to 75c by next week and still according to me this share is undervalue.
0 Kudos