Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GLD - Could it see 1264 ?

Not applicable
Gold has close below the bottom trend line for the first time since NOV last year BUT still to early to say ( Close below Monday could confirm the short ). First Target the green line the 200 ma at about 1300 then for the Ascending Triangle about 1264 which is second target also support ... http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=30218285740445155701.png
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Appietrader
New Contributor
Gold @ 1264, likely to trade 1250-1450 for 2011 according to Ken Gerbino article in Mineweb. Like PAN good co. no debts. Worth a punt? Appietrader
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if it closes below the 100sma at 1.358.88 the 200sma at 1286.69 is far to low. this week will be interesting to watch. I am considering going long with a stop loss below the 100sma
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A bit disapoint with GLD .. Im been going very sideways.. Bought at about 9400..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah Castro...don't get blue...I'm sitting with 6500 cfds' and orders for 2000 more.It's still buying time...that's all.And then you ride it to new Highs(definitely coming.)A nice score awaits.Adios.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
GLD is safe, thereby not for trading.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Open gold chart, closing prices. Put in 144 day SMA or EMA. Check how many times the graph kisses the SMA on the downside in the past 2 to 3 years. It's as if the 144 dayer has become a major support level. Extrapolate that to the future, this could possibly be at about 1320 level, you could perhaps use this as your entry point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it's Wednesday 19 Jan 2011 and...GLD sees Price pop above her Operating Downtrend Line extant since 30Nov 2010....and that is a sign that madame wants to get cheeky(and about time too).Naturally, being from the "Analyze This" annals of Illogical short-term Charts,GLD fascinates...since I was born confused in the 1960s and never left the era.Yes, I'm still there.Jim Morrisson was there.Frank Zappa was there.Hendrix,et al.I liked the 60s.It was the last of the gold-based era.Since then it's just....##Anyway,when GLD does move, she will reflect the imminent volatility-change, as the sucking sound of short-term Rand-sells echo across the Kruger Valley.Ja Swaer...she go up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
V.I. where is your stop loss GLD? I am looking for a good entry. and stop loss
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mrtrader3...Aloha.I do not have a Stop Loss with GLD.I just have lots of cash to thoroughly cover my bet.She can go back to R80 if she wants.I don't care.I'll buy some more##However...with a Share,it's a totally different mindset.Mind-like-Steel-trap stuff.But not GLD.(a pedantic ETF.)...so the question you have to ask is >>> " If I buy at R92,can I cover till R80.( which is a proper conservative approach.Why? Coz the Long-term Uptrend Line is at R89( awesome buy-area.).I'm R9 below that....just in case.###Be like Monk with freshly-picked Grapes.Don't swallow,just squeeze in mouth....and you're One with Your Universe.Peace is a Trading Plan. Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eish VI , and Bad Finger, Uria Heap, Moodey Blues and Atomic Rooster.. now there one I have not heard for a while .. cant even find it on Google Chrome !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes,Castro...we're getting old.Like those people we used to mock in the 70s because they were 'square.'...Karma is a Biatch!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still on track for 1300 first target 200 ma, second target 1264 .... http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=64948417485165604684.png
0 Kudos