Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GLD ETF - Any views

Not applicable
Hi Guys Any views on the New Gold ETF. Gold has come off its recent interday high of 1806 and is at the time of writing 1763. Any views on a fair entry price point this morning?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PaulC
Super Contributor
depends on your timeframe. I have GLD unleveraged and my time horison -s 3-5 years. Im currently short the gold futures contract but my time horizon is 1-2 weeks. Long GLD? no idea really. If Im forced to speculate here's my thinking. THe rand will strengthen towards 6.9-6.7 so that will drive down GLD. I also feel gold has run hard and may go sideways (or have a small correction) in the near term. So to me there is too much downside risk for a GLDcfd right now. That said at 110 Id prob start taking a nibble with my CFDs - P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Many thanks Paul - your insight has been a great help. Will keep an eye on it with a view to 11000c Regards J
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
I am holding on to my Gold etf / platinum etn / silver etn. I thinking we heading for trouble in the next couples of weeks & months in the global economy.
0 Kudos