Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GND and the market?

Not applicable
Does anyone have any idea or even just a ill-advised thought as to why GND reports huge earnings, great future & yet seems to not catch the eye of the market? Am I missing some fundamental flaw?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Werner_1
Super Contributor
They have always said that the market here in SA undervalues their shares, i think it could be because there is no direct listed competition in the same business category listed on the JSE, But this is a excellent company, i hold long term shares in it!
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I believe that it is due to them indicating that they are investing in Maputu and as such could erode dividents. Just my thoughts.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
GND is big into shipping, but shipping rates have fallen sharply on the downturn in the world economies.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Yes, it is hard to understand. Their dividend yield is higher than the PE ratio
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shipping rates might be down, but I read somewhere that their order book was already 60% full. Also read in an interview that a depreciating rand gives them huge profit boosts. Couple that with the drop in fuel and i think they look good. What is tricky to understand, is how they are valued because of the cyclicle nature of their business. Read one of hte old standard bank research reports which explains the evaluation method used.
0 Kudos