Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GND on a roll...

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am glad to see some profits on this one, Baltic Dry Index also stabilising a bit...
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
Werner where's your profit target, how far do u think this one can still go?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
My views/analysis on GND is only for long term investing, i havent got a specific price target as this is not the way i invest, but based on fundamentals, business model/strategy and current economy i think it might not make huge gains in the very short term, but over the course of 1-3 years i believe it is offering good value. dividends will come up again once the economy starts to move and shipping picks up (watch the Baltic Dry Index for this), only issue is the ZAR-USD is not in its favour...
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Directors were big sellers a few weeks back at levels below this, can't believe they were all so short of cash.I hold a nice parcel which should I sell SARS takes 40% of my profit, so I've gone short on my SSF portfolio on this one today.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Keep in mind my view is long term, 5 years, etc... I acquired shares in this company about 5 years ago and bought on numerous occations. They really know what they doing.
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
up about 65% on my long ssf contract, will look @ taking half off the table later today with a tight stop loss on the other half incase it decides to run further.. Seems like in the short term everytime it has a strong run like this it retreats pretty strongly down the following day.. lets see what happens
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i have included it in my Instalment recomendations as it is coming up to its final in March.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Just be careful with shorts on GND, I am not an expert but did realise that the share price seems to track the BDI closely, at the moment th BDI is on a upward path which could be taking GND with it. heres a link to the chart of the BDI - http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/cbuilder?ticker1=BDIY%3AIND
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
even more up... go GND
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I don't see the jockey backing his own horse here, so if up again tomorrow I'll short some more.In a way I'm locking some profit on a far larger parcel of shares that I hold for long term
0 Kudos