Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GO SASOL GO!!

101bn
Contributor
Nice run today. If Brent starts to run...................... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
101bn
Contributor
Where do you that are on this horse see it going to? Im fairly sure 34000 should be reached end this week. Comments?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not so sure myself but if that is the case I'll be one happy guy
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Breaking the R300 Barrier is still a long way off. Sasol will still retrace its previous low levels. So, there is still some pain to endure. I made a couple of thousands by guessing the performance of the share and so far I have been spot on. You need to understand the sasol share in relation to the oil price. At present it is pretty much stagnant. But good times are ahead.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
For the long term i really like SASOL, read their annual report last night... I think it is a excellent company!
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
excellent co, share price must go up as oil must go up. Most of the middle east countries apart from Saudi and UAE need about $90/bbl to keep them going, so Im assuming that they will keep cutting until the price comes into that range.
0 Kudos
101bn
Contributor
Jip Thats the problem with SOL. Oil and the dollar. But this baby turns on a knife edge if oil turns.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
340? heck seeing as you're talking your book, why not 3400? an now 55 on oil .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sasol is hedged at $90 to the barrel (for 18% of production volumes) and surely lower oil means lower input costs for the remaining 40% of their business? This must make for one of the best long term plays on the JSE at the moment
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
skaaptjop, I thought they had hedged 30% (spose one could go check the sens). An yes they also have oil as an input.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You are right Simon - 30% hedge at $90/barrel. 18% in my notes was the SOL revenue I calculated that should come from this hedge
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wasn't I right with this comment some weeks ago?
0 Kudos