Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLD BUGS HAPPY

Not applicable
Well the $1100 has arrived so now I guess the next wave of gold predictions are going to set in..... I am no bug but I say 1200 buy early 2010....just because
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
.........just because green shoots wilting?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
too little water a shoots will wilt, too much water shoots will wilt. Gotta balance the elements. Too much liquidity available spurring inflation concerns. Reverse liquidity, concern dries up and fear set in for possible double dip. You scr3wed if you do, you scr3wed if you dont....
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
When you guys start buying, let me know so I can sell.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry Fred, I bought quite some time ago. SO you gonna have to hold on a while longer I guess ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does this mean Roffey has finally got something right.....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Someone mentioned the other day that Gold companies are a dying breed in South Africa and that the real money in gold can be made from small caps listed overseas in growing gold markets - Oz, Russia, China, etc. These small caps have outperformed markets world wide. They also mentioned that South Africa had 33 listed gold companies many moons ago. What's left - ANG, HAR and GFI that's still worth anything? They're struggling with less production and higher operational costs on an annual basis. They were left behind the pack a few years ago and will never catch up. They've become favourates with speculators what's riding the Gold sentiment wave and that's all. These companies have moved into old aged homes and we all know what comes next. Play them when the time is right and then abandom them.
0 Kudos