Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLD COINS

Not applicable
Hi All, I'm interested in investing in gold coins, no nothing about them currently , anyone can provide me with a website of where u can buy them and getting more info. Thanks
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
john_1
Super Contributor
Gold coin exchange
0 Kudos
patch1
Contributor
SA Mint coinworld 0126772460 recommend omo. invest gold 0112341626 randburg coin and diamond 0117892233 got tel no for capetown and dbn as well
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Some of the Jewlers also sell - but check gold price first to get fair trade, they usually charge 5% com. In Jhb you can get them at the mint.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I buy regularly at www.sagoldcoin.com Their shop is next to the Sandton Sun Hotel. Very trustworthy company.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys I'm in CPT
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cape Gold Coin Exchange (021) 461 8030 - IMHO reputable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not a good buy .6% comm to buy and to sell .Only good if you keep it 4 the net 200years lol.Whos going to buy the stuff back
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dont waste your money buying from all these gold coin shops! go directly to the SA mint www.samint.co.za and buy direct at cost. ie cut out the middle man. they are very helpfull and will email you all the info you need to know. but be prepared to wait a while as they will recieve your order. buy the gold then make the coins. to get a feel for whats out there and selling for check out www.bidorbuy.co.za and go to the coin section.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Does anyone on this forum have collectable bullion? If so, what and what have your experiences been?
0 Kudos
Marko_1
Contributor
If gold's your thing rather leave the coins out the way or just put a few under the mattress.
All it takes is one burglary & "Poof" your stash is gone if you keep the haul at home ......
Play the gold game via NEWGOLD if you're adamant.
Lot safer than a heap of coins in the safe at home & quicker to liquidate if needed.
0 Kudos
patch1
Contributor
was lucky to buy a Mandela coin at cost(sa mint) sold for handsome profit year or so later..would suggest collectable eg. Natura. couple of years ago it was the big 5 the rhino apparently sells for over R75000 not bad when you could buy it for R12500. Mandela now R90000+
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No good for investment
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why coins? Surely in this modern age we buy NewGold if you like gold?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Mandela worth 90k? Really? - I got one from the mint. Yay. I'm wondering what would be the best way to sell my Natura 10th ani Prestige? Any suggestions. SACoin wants to take 25% Comm, and even doubtful to offer anything more than bullion value for it ...
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hi Somon - Is NewGold performance directly tracking the performance of Gold? Yes - I did get some.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, it tracks teh Rand gold price and 100 NewGold = 1 Kruger rand
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ill give u 15k... and about the mandela coins, a proof R5 with the mandela head sold for around R200k on auction. I think it was a pf69
0 Kudos
Riyaaz
Occasional Contributor
HI there The samint is really the best place to buy your coins. i suggest that you research numismatics too. that will give you the low down on gold coins. Im a huge fan of the Mandela coins myself and there is some real value to be seen in the years to come. contact www.goldworld.co.za. these guys will offer you some really great advice. Marko, only a fool sleeps with his gold bro. you can get a safety deposit box at the bank or you can keep it with the dealer you bought from. i suggest a safety deposit box. ja well no fine!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I might take you up on that.
0 Kudos