Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLD IS KING IN 2008

KVW
Super Contributor
How do you guys see DRD going this year I see by end March being 1300-1400
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
I've never made money on the share... no ways! I'd rather buy Anglo, Harmony, etc. I don't trust this share :) R14? You sound like some dr. I know... but wish I hadn't!!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
what do you guys think of buying GOLD and not the miner, e.g. GLD (NewGold)?
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
At present up 25.9% DRD 28.2% GLD< My only holdings other than Sanlam and a 1 cent share I don't care to mention. :)
0 Kudos
AAR
Occasional Contributor
I agree. DRD is a loser and has never made real money. Look at the cash flow and see that they are WAY into the red. The only money coming in is from speculators buying their shares and that only over the last few months. I foresee a strong correction down based on the following: 1. The long-term trend is still down. 2. The medium term trend is down. 3. Only the very short term is up and that has pushed the RSI into the overbought region which tells me that a correction is due. The fact that the GOLD price is up cannot support a company that does not make real money, despite the fact that they mine gold - at a loss that is. The shares is not buying gold, it is buying the company.
0 Kudos
AAR
Occasional Contributor
I agree. DRD is a loser and has never made real money. Look at the cash flow and see that they are WAY into the red. The only money coming in is from speculators buying their shares and that only over the last few months. I foresee a strong correction down based on the following: 1. The long-term trend is still down. 2. The medium term trend is down. 3. Only the very short term is up and that has pushed the RSI into the overbought region which tells me that a correction is due. The fact that the GOLD price is up cannot support a company that does not make real money, despite the fact that they mine gold - at a loss that is. The shares is not buying gold, it is buying the company.
0 Kudos