Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLD OR CONSTRUCTION or RETAIL TO CONSTRUCTION

Benjamin_Frankl
Occasional Contributor
Will there be a move away from GOLD & more to CONSTRUCTION & BUILDING MATERIALS or will the move be away from RETAIL to CONSTRUCTION with GOLD remaining steady?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Copper
Regular Contributor
Either way it means you need to get into construction. Some well respected genius in the financial community recently said "i dont see how murray and roberts will gain from 2010". As usual i always do the opposite of these 'men of vision' and already sitting on a 30% gain..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i'm looking at GRF, what do you guys think of it?
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
I sold GRF at around R50...since then its been a bit lazy with some wild fluctuations, possibly due to some speculation and nervousness around investors. The chart isnt giving any kind of promising pattern that i can see(maybe an ascending base, but the 3rd is looking faulty). I'd just stick with my racehorse, BSR.. Perhaps the illuminati of the forum have some advice..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Construction better, the advice above replies all good.Whatever u do don't go into gold now as it is strike season(workers wanting 12%,employers offering 6%).Almost all the gold shares are already working at whopping losses and cannot afford even six percent pay increase.Only URANIUM might save the day(no profit as yet).i'll only consider buying at a much lower prices.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Also looking at GFR. RSI hit buying button on 3 May while 7 and 21 day EMA crossover on 11 May at about R54. Not strong upside break but I would buy on market-nervousness around R52 and below.
0 Kudos