Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GOLD member

Highlighted
Contributor
I just read on Bloomberg that gold has fallen for the 3rd day in the asian markets. What implications would this have on us? I ve seen the "boom" in recent gold miners shares, and unfortunately im still to cautious to have investor my excess capital into that.... unfortunately Im riding a down hill spree with CFR, which is not wonderful because its the first shares I bought.... BUGGAR!!! haha Im considering looking at buying shares in SIM? I still think it is undervalued and could rise... but like i said.. still a beginner.. haha thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Not applicable
to invest in any gold share, gold has to consolidate above $900
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
so basically your saying caution be the word?? maybe a possibility for new buying opportunities....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Ignore gold. It could make you rich but it is just as likely to make you mad, drooling into your soup. Governments, hedge funds, jewelery - all these mad things come together with gold, to make an unpredictable snake that bites you when you hug it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Like clockwork, the london exchange takes the wind out of the gold rally's sails. Momentum, I concur with the $900 consolidation, but at what rand/$ price do you think it has been factored in?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
gold in rands need to consolidate above R305'000 per kilogram, bad news though, india one of the major importers of gold, bought 90 % less gold in jan 2009 compared to jan 2008, they bought only 1.2 metric tons in jan 2009, jan 2008 they imported 18 metric tons of gold
0 Kudos