Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GRT Freefall ?????

Pots
Contributor
Any ideas why GRT taking such a big knock. They successfully raised monies through issuing unit at R28.00 & have withdrawn their offer for Fountainhead. On high div yield (5%+) and recent OST Tech report indicates it's MEGA oversold (RSI) but could go further down to R25.85. Should one look at going long now?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
I believe its the whole property index falling, not just GRT
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Look at RDF as well.Is it not due to weaker Rand maybe.Foreigners getting less yield?
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Mmm, Surfer - Looks like your point is true. Foreigners had increased their holdings from 3% to 18% in GRT and now they could be bailing out. Did not think about rand and foreigners effect on GRT. Anyone care to predict when GRT will bottom now that its fallen below R25.80
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow! i took a long view at R26. Got burnt nicely. also wondering when will this bottom and I can recover some crazy losses since tues.....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Slow economic growth & rand depreciation could mean interest rate increases which is bad for the property sector.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Too high reliance by market on Fountainhead project and now a retraction? Economic indicators are worse than flu - the market gets ill without infection.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Anything related to increased interest rates are getting a cold shoulder - look at retail shares. They are all getting nailed. Exporters (precious metals) and rand hedge shares are the place to be right now.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Maybe it has something to do with their choice of rugby team to sponsor ???
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Hi. Looks like there's support at around R23.50-R24.00. Any chance that forumite 'Sponono' can assist with a Tinypic url to see where GRT is headed next? Based on urls for WHL and DSY I'm going to hold them so it would be good to see GRT (and if possible NEDBANK)- this for cfd's 4 to 6 week views.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
if you join all the lows from June 2009 you come to R21 (14%) lower; sell divergence also from 14 May 2013 (weekly chart). Not my cuppa tea, verskoon my
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Hi, Ta for the prompt update for GRT - any comments for NED?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, also see this one coming down to 21 or less if support doesn't hold. Watch that level.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Once again if you join the lows of March 2009 and September to November 2011 you will see the stock is trading at support; the sell divergence on the weekly RSI is obvious: the stock had better not fall below R170 otherwise you are looking at a fall to about R130 (23%)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems as if support was found. GRT is on fire!! Lets just hope it doesn't burn down...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
noticed a weak rand pulvarises this stock
0 Kudos