Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Game plans

Not applicable
What are your trading strategy plans leading up to Monday. I am liquidating my 50% of my portfolio tomorrow afternoon, risk is far to great
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I dont think they plan they goona present is going to be well received, which my cause a broad based sell off.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how much sell off, and is anybody actually expecting an even half decent plan after German comments of earlier this week ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the bottom of the range bound number of the S&P which is 1120. The US markets ran hard last week fueled by optimism based on comments from initiatives like MERKOZY. On the 23rd the optimism would have abated/eradicated. There are huge indifferences leading up to the weekend. With the political game overpowering progress, things are gonna get ugly.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Just Noise. Trade the Price....now where have I heard those words before.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
are you trading or investing ?? an what of it's another 'green shoots' moment ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am trading, a green shoots moment, would represent a shorting opportunity for me.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we're +/- 100% higher than the last green shoot moment ..

if you trading it about price .. ignore everything else .. yes it all noise ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an if you listening to noise, surely you don't exit .. you short ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats a bit to risky for me, whilst I believe the plan will not be sufficient, of late to commentary covering up the problems seem to fuel markets as well, eg two weeks ago when the plan was almost done vs where we sit now.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Stocks are overbought and generally retracements of 50% or 61% are common following large rallies. The dollar index looks ready to bounce which typically means lower gold and stock prices. Gold continues to hold a bearish chart pattern pointing to lower prices still. Once this noise works itself through there should be very little enthusiasm for these markets. The good noise is that Gadaffi is an ex parrot.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My game plan is enjoy the Rugby WC 2011 Final over the weekend!!! If markets pull back heavily next week then I'll be looking to shop for my portfolio again. Time and time again we have experienced sell offs and then retracements back to or close to previous levels. Really doesn't matter if you're happy to trade the price and make some money here and there doing so. Don't try to outsmart the market by taking up positions against it.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
no argument here , u will always lose by trying to outsmart the market
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, dont exit based on what you think might happen...as Simon has posted before..."anything can happen"
0 Kudos