Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gap trading system

Mar-11
Super Contributor
my gap system,if gap up like this morning...u draw fib retrace from last hr low(previous day) to 1st 1 hr high (current day), a break of 38.2 fib..i look for gap close(or atleast 61.8/50 level if in gap area)....a break of 1 st hr high... enter in direction of gap.....today was odd tho cause gaped up at close yesterday(so not very good eg)...
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Mine is as follows. Futures opening put us at yesterday's high, while FTSE not really moving. So short at the premarket open (for me 28970) with a stop above 29000. Automatically puts you in the gap, which since it is against the trend, I take profit early. 28870 was my target
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
i use the levels as key levels....for long entry or short exit......in ur eg this am probally would have taken profit round 895(38.2%)..pop above was long entry...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
added at pop of HOD
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pivot points in combination with fibs and MA on 5min, if all 3 co inside high probability trade..
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
38.2 meets open today...not to sure will break....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, but I am good for another 100pts. 29135 - 29020.
0 Kudos