Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gap trading

john_1
Super Contributor
I am starting to have trigger problems with my system..I have noticed that over the last couple of gaps we are getting very tight premarket trading...no real exibitions of fear or greed.. As a result my triger is firing without any real tests of the open price or unwinding of possitions allowing one to commit fully to the gap..any sugestions as to how I can improve.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
wait for the cash market to open like I do....and then just trade the meat in the middle of the gap...trying to wring the last few cents out of a trade is penny wise pound foolish...dont be a nickname for Richard for a tick!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Dear john, you're pushing 40. Trigger problems are quite common in men of your age. Just relax and count running bulls in your head.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hi John..sorry to hear about your early trigger problem either try the CIAL system which has worked for many or just try manual practise offline which does take longer but once perfected will ensure an effective trigger system
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Brazen..How Rude but as usual had me laughing first thing in the morning. Hey I miss you about the place... without you here people get way to serrious. put your husband to work and come play.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Interesting that we are simply not following the FTSE down..if they turn we are going to rally me thinks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in real terms we are actully further down than the FTSE.....u gotta watch the ZAR/USD
0 Kudos
Not applicable
She's playing with her husband. Which in unkind moments she says is work.
0 Kudos