Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Get hold of Sbk, Fsr and Mtn while they are cheap

Not applicable
I would strongly suggest getting into the above shares while they are on the up before they get expensive. The profit taking in the mines will see money coming into the financial sector FTSE, CAC and DAX all up.
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
platsak
Super Contributor
I think we must wait to see the closing prices before making a move here. The shares ae just above resistance levels.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
i back you all the way MO good call!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do not buy right now, banks will be cheaper a couple of days (weeks?) down the line. be patient. the dow hasn't made it's low for the year (weekly chart head & shoulders pattern hasn't reached downside target yet) and the banking index double top formation still points to a much lower target...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Skippy,skippy,skippy, are u make a statement,recommendation or just an observation?
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
looks like a observation but hes probably just skipping by!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would never be so bold to recommend what someone should do, I simply observe the charts as I see them and then I'm inclined to make a statement. It's really up to you to make your own trading decisions. This is mine, reasons were given, my shorts on the banks are working a gem and and I'll be investing all the cash I made when the time is right to pile into banks, adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also, FSR just released horrible results and didn't paint a rosy picture going forward. But not that I listen to any of that when I'm trading, I simply trade technical signals on the charts.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Mo, if you send me some content for your suggestions on those shares, i can publish it with charts as a article on the new website i am building : www.orbiterinvestments.com/stockmonitor. I am looking for article contributors!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Skippy,Please write Paul Harris a letter about FSR result. I am interested in what his reply would be.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What do u believe will be the next low for the DOW? I'm thinking of 11500.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Wizzie, well done on those FSR puts, darling !
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hey, dont forget NED. I have lots of them which I bought at R119. Sorry got to go and take another tranquilizer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
werner,i havent heard of your site before...tel me about it...and what exactly you looking for?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dow is up, rand fairly stable, good day for banks it seems...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
well it is in BETA 1.0 at the moment - www.orbiterinvestments.com/stockmonitor - it is a virtual trading game, but i am trying to publish a daily article on relevant market related matters, have written some (compiled from various sources), but would like to get some more contributors as the site develops. I plan to make a message board for the contestants, and a user analysis section where people will publish their views for discussion. but am still opened for ideas to what people would like!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
mo its the site where the ost competition for this forum is run.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, i have 2 sections now, the Stock Picker Challenge and the new section that i am working on - a virtual trading game, where users can trade as much as they want, broker charges are taken off, etc. I want to also build some info into the site, so that visitors will find interesting articles or get trading/investment ideas from the site, or maybe articles helping with technical analysis, etc. I will build a dynamic article publishing page, where registered users can login and publish articles, e.g. like a blog, but not with one publisher, but all the registered users on the site- as well as a message board. that is what will come soon - as i said it is still in BETA - i am thinking of giving the trading game page (currently blue) a new cleaner look and feel - more like google - i want to promote a simple design that is easy and effective to use.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
BTW : Asylum, you seem to stay in the lead in the challenge, well done on your stock picks!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Werner, your site is great, i do enjoy looking at the page every morning to see my movement, first up and now moving down fast.
0 Kudos