Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Getting Money Off Shore... without using your offshore allocations

john_1
Super Contributor
Hi guys, with the rand so very strong it may be a good time to park some cash in lands with climated different from our own. If you have the very nice problem of having already used your offshore allocation or perhaps would like to, without using said allocation. I have stumbled apon a very legal and currency efficient way of achieving this goal as a result of my own trading stratergy. If you would like to know more details email me on [email protected] (this info is not going to be for free)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
John, my problem was never to get money offshore, but rather what to do with it once it was offshore. THe last time I took substantial amounts off-shore, the returns generated were paltry - sure, I made money bringing it back in, but that was thanks to a crisis, which in turn cost me on my capital portion. Net result? 0 sum gain
0 Kudos
coops
Occasional Contributor
not sure about anything further than allowances either through FIA (foreign investment allowance), travel R750K per year and the gifting ... but just I do know where i can save you alot is the forex transaction, banks on avg take 1.25% to 2% on a private client deal... if you need assistance , mail me [email protected]
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
May I suggest that any offshore amount could very easily be placed into a divi paying stock like Phillip Morris who is clealry steps ahead of BAT in may regards.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
why would you want to take your money offshoer, everyone else is bringing it back for better yields. What do you plan to invest in ..cash has between 0-0.5% returns at best. if you want exchange rate exposure with higher yields, buy RSA rand hedge stocks
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree that maybe there are enough local oppertunities but there are companies that are worth investing in not on our exchange.. like coke that earns much of its revenue outside of the US but reports in dollars....I am not advocating the move, I am just saying if you choose.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Don't we all? No! this just a simple arbitrage using modern technology and a few simple ideas. Its legal as long as trading is legal.
0 Kudos