Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Getting ready for the bottom.

buyme
Contributor
try randburg coins,stay away from scoin,investgold and sa coin.web add. www.randcoin.co.za speak to jason.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If you believe in the long-term outlook for gold and you believe that the ZAR must weaken; then perhaps it is time to look at gold shares as a bottom drawer investment instead of KR's. GOLDFIELDS, for instance, is on 8X earnings, has enormous cash generation and sports a compelling growth story - including a substantial overseas profile of growth assets. Dividend yield is around 3%. THERE COMES A TIME WHEN ANYTHING (ALMOST) IS CHEAP!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Threshold. I agree with you. I like to have physical as well as shares. Shares are not gold. They are subject to strikes and political factors as well. I do believe that gold stocks will outperform the metal at some point but when is anyones guess. I think the market needs to accept that high gold prices are here to stay and that the gold companies (now paying divs *gasp*) are going to start looking more attractive. On the upside we get to buy in ahead of the herd ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, fellows, as Alf Field sees a testing of the $1680 bottom and up we go.We have to, you see.700Bn Euro was Stealth-pumped into the Banking system as Gold was nailed by $90.My,my....Shylock !Jim Sinclair described it perfectly(of course.)Nobody knows the Gold mkt like he does.....Gold has to stay above 1650.If below, all bets off.Yeah,I'll grit my teeth.What did Jesse Livermore say ? " Being able to sit on one's hands and do nothing is one of the hardest things to learn for a trader."....It is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ANG now on her 170-wk Average, a reliable magentic support in the past.May be we can even dip below R300 briefly.Yes, another few chips on the table at R300.Ray Bans on...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
let me get you: you dont have a stop loss and you buy more as your losses increase (averaging down), Right?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes,dear sponono....that is what I do and have done since 2006,when I made my debut.I bought ANG at starting-point just-above her 200ma.And step-down I buy a number of.It's called BUYING INTO WEAKNESS.SELLING INTO STRENGTH.It is the way taught by Jesse Livermore,Bert Seligman and Jim Sinclair.In this cae, I am trading in the trend.A BULL trend.See ? The Swing-trader approach.Like a Slo-Mo movie.You feel...everything.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now watch the effect of 700Bn pumped into the system.Most of it used to maintain Sovereign Bonds...but...the Stocks will get their Hosing.And so we shall see the general market pump up to ALSI 31600 and above...and fall on its derriere,to where, the charts will tell.So....one more UP-surge,and EVERYTHING will move up,including Gold and ANG.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
true contrarian!students will talk about you for centuries to come even though you did not make a video!
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Didn't all the big ones die poor ? - Beethoven, van Gogh. Just wondering.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fame is fleeting...but the ride in my straight-6 4.0 Falcon always thrills me.Same as trading.I live it.I die it.And yeah,plenty of shiver-close moments along the way.One more load of GLD at 121 and ANG at 300 and that's it.Spin That Wheel !
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
VI: what's the ANG poem for today, my mate.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there's a hole in my bucket ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
where my stop loss should be ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but I'm a gold bug .. stop loss not for me ..
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
HI Simon is justone leap your blog??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos