Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Getting ready for the bottom.

Not applicable
Position-sizing,no compromising,ANG-ie Girl can be so surprising.others watch,not realizing...it's a Reversal to the Neckline with a price-objective so tantalizing....Swingin !
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There's a pretty good chance of ang moving up from here.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
All boats rise with the tide, unless in dry dock.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And as we wait for....something,it is notable that the leading-edge FINI Index is now 13% above its 200ma.Also.it must not be underestimated what International influence the coming COSATU strikes are going to have.Factionalism between the old and new guard is starting to boil over.You won't find me near a city-centre on Wed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Uptrend Line on ALSI at 28800...fairly obvious.400pts of sweat-and-grind to go.This week should see the Short become a Long.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
From 9th to 15th be a potentially +ve zone. Cycle top be still away there by June/July. A wondrous ride of the waves of collective human weakness. Technical schmeclical.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Hi Zarp....I am getting scared of ANG now..My stop loss is just 2.5% away...Got into ANG (short term)at R333 (luckly not CFD's)..I am so tempted to get more at around todays closing price but the fundies say never average down or try and catch a falling knife...They also say buy when there is fear in the market but my problem is that I do not know if the market is scared on this one but know that I am...Suppose I am asking how long is a piece of string...I am so scared of loosing out on ANG's current buy potential.... like I did when you called silver a buy when it was $20/oz (or something like that) not to long ago??? Any advice would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
buy around R300...stop loss at R280..profit at R380
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude, real gold traders don't have stops .. you gotta believe and either go big or go home ..

of course without stops tis go home .. but hey that's what belief is all about ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
OH NO! We can agree on something! These stocks are so violently erratic, that you have to commit to them in the medium-to-long term; or risk getting wiped-out. If you hold - then sure, try and trade for profit. They turn on a dime and you get left behind if you try to apply stop losses.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi stores.This is how I analysed it.I'm into ANG via cfds'.And Yes, there is always risk involved.The key is to have PLENTY of back-up cash to cover your position and to start going Long(in this case) just above the 200ma.Simple.### ANG is a true-blue Gold counter.The risk-profile is thus the best of all the gold shares on the JSE and of course one must follow the money.ANG will be on all Fund Managers' screens.I also subscribe to the knowledge of legends like Elliotwave genius,Alf Field and Supremo-trader Jim Sinclair.They are VERY positive that Gold is readying for another attack at $2000......patience.PS:Do NOT spend too much time in front of the screen.It messes with a man's mind.A trader's worst enemy is him/her self.Just tell the mirror who's boss.### I do.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
GFI is a lot cheaper - terms of cash creation/generation, EPS, HEPS, new production coming on-line vs. current output. I have started to accumulate at these levels and will continue to do so as it falls. As I said - you cannot really judge a bottom with thse things. I have no interest in stop-losses as this is a form of portfolio hedge for me - the worse things get - the more likely it is to reverse violently. I will cap my exposure at around 25000GFI's and only consider building to this level if it drops to R92ish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There you go,Threshold.I like your style.All gold Blue-chips will fly when the time comes,as you say,violently.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
jeez guys, if the gold stocks time hasn't come in the last 5 years !!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Then...? It's binary - "They never will" or "They must go soon." Either way - they trade well if you accept the swings on their own terms and allow a lot of time for the trade to develop. I have not liked gold stocks for years now. I just feel that they are becoming a "no-brainer" investment (let alone "trade.") That tends to happen when everybody loses faith. So - I will take some GFI on a forward PE of 5 or 6. In this environment it will run if things go well and gold continues to rise steadily. It will fly if there is real financial collapse.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
They are still good trading stocks.For longer term GLD has been good.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
GLD and kin reroute sector players away from gold shares. Sector sceptics need only apply a little gap closing philosophy.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I'll tell you what I really DO NOT like however - and that's platinum stocks! I can see nothing to reverse their current malaise - in fact it will probably get a lot worse. It is an industrial metal first and foremost. Cost stuctures and cost/difficulty of extraction are growing at a rate far oustripping international inflation expectations. So profits will continue to drop. There is a political was brewing over their empowerment deals. They are seen as an industry of the new South Africa so there is an enhanced sense of entitlement (vs. other industries.) The industrial demand for platinum is under attack as we migrate away from "oil" driven vehicles - so where to from here?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah...the 200-wk Average is like the Berlin Wall over the Plat Index.Cheap.Can get cheaper.the ALSI is on her Support Line...and ANG is just fine.Hope we get a last dive below R300.I'll have a drink to that.
0 Kudos