Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gijima-Theres it goes again

platsak
Super Contributor
I made a nice little profit last time. Whats the bad news this time?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
I would also like to know. I am looking for a good entry point again so I do not mind at this stage.
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Price manipulation. 5 x 1 share attempted trades yesterday. 2 x successful 1 x share trades today in order to invoke stop-loss trades. I contacted JSE about it yesterday & they said that they had put a stop to it but obviously they don't carry enough influence.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Tad. See theres a 1 share offer at 102 and 101. And then there is a 100 000 share offer at 100. Obvious manipulation. Is this legal?
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
It's difficult to understand what they are saying to me. I'm left with the conclusion that they are telling me that if it's a private investor it is not allowed but that "market professionals" use these methods to test the "real" level of the market. That seems to be ok with them. You see it all the time in the Top40. If you look at Exxaro today & 11:36am 1 trade of 1 share dropped the ruling price by 140c (1%). Guess who's stop was triggered. I'm not amused.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
In a previous post I mentioned that I noticed this practice on EXX, I also noticed that it is being done just before 15 minute trade happens. I have now stopped trading EXX it is simply not worth it.
0 Kudos