Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gijima going bye bye

platsak
Super Contributor
Is this the end? Following faritec?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Yip looks very much like it, frt will be gone by end of April they reckon, if not sooner.....doomsday.....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
dont gijima run all of mittals IT dept on contract or am i thinking of another company?
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Asylum you are correct. GIJ is not only running IT for huge companies like BHP but also for ABSA. I cannot see that GIJ will disappear from the map. GIJ 6 month results should be out next week Wednesday.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Even Faritec, I struggle to see how a company with a R900m expected turnover can't turn itself around. I mean IT services companies are not capital intensive, so they should be able to cut costs. I picked up some Faritec at 11c - in retrospect 7c would have been nicer, but that is the risk of pennystock trading!
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
IT Still needs skills, and by that I mean not a piece of paper. Experience and SKILL. And all the Whities are leaving!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
oooh.... that might get some fun going... wait the response now !!!
0 Kudos
Som2
Contributor
Is Gijima and Faritec getting privatised or are they closing down the companies?
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
rumour has it that faritec is vrot on the inside...
0 Kudos