Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Glory

Wizard
Super Contributor
The dead cat bounce has began.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Not applicable
I hope you're right, Im still holding 9500 WHLSTAs
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Article on busrep.co.za website. May lead to further downside for WHL. Woolies may give up Top40 spot 2007-12-13 06:00:01 Aveng, the country's biggest builder, might replace Woolworths Holdings in the benchmark Top40 index, according to strategists at Nedcor Securities http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSetId=263&fSectionId=563
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
16 or 17, will see where it will go, but that's about it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Be a good Wizard like Harry Potter and zap the price up to 26 or 27!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if it gets to R16 that puts me in profit and I'll be out in a shot
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
On what technical basis do you think this is a dead cat bounce?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The primary trend is down, so yes
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
i disagree wizard.I think some short term gains. Lets see :)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
a temporary short-term gain after pronounced weakness is generally referred to as a "dead cat bounce" so you actually agree!
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
thst depends on what time frame one defines as short term, now doesnt it tgun...
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
So it can't be to good that aeg will take its place on the top 40 on 18 december?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
hi Copper,yes agree,and long term is also a mystery,as we are share and derivitive traders alll hobbled together."in the really long term we shall all be dead !"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Probably bad for WHL, but good for AEG... OMO
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
let's get some clarity in our thinking and terminology here - do we expect a temporary short-term gain in the WHL shareprice ie. "a deadcat bounce" (which allows for a geared trade) to be followed by further weakness and new lows as wizard is anticipating OR do we see this as the bottom from which a sustainable improvement in the price is expected over time ie. an investment opportunity which will outperform cash on a risk-adjusted basis? Surely this can't be that difficult to understand?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The dead cat bounce was killed, because the big cat Topi wants to die! It looked so promising in the morning!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cautionary on sens just released
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well Tribalzone...there u go! Nice little finish to the weekend! ;)
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
well, well, well..... do wonders never cease :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
shweet, left early on friday for Nambiti game reserve and only logged on now:) now Ive got 9500 left. do I sell half and see where the other half lands up or just take my christmas pressie and run?
0 Kudos