Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Go long AMS?

nsf
New Contributor
So after the 15% fall over the past month and the recent news that earnings will plummet and the share divident will be suspended... Is now the time to go long? I bought some call options - which means that I will find out soon enough.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
BC02
Super Contributor
Im guessing you might as well right that money off.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
....of all the shares you can go long on, you choose one that posted a 78% decrease in HEPS and a reduction in production targets and Capex spend ? Strange choice. Why the leap of faith ? That 15% drop could easily now become a 30% drop within days.
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
AMS can fall further than you can believe possible. I lost serious capital a year ago because I could not bring myself to implement my stop loss - until forced out.
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
Or it could go up....in the loonnnngggg term. I bought in at684 so I need to hold on now
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
-40%. the technicals are poor, the fundamentals are poor what's your reason for holding
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Yes, plat surplus in world, add to that the plat that can be recycled from used cars, wait for the upturn to be establish before going long, your oppurturnity cost waiting and holding on for the upturn will be more than you might lose by not picking the bottom exactly.
0 Kudos