Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Going long (ssf) on DRD, MTN and SOL ... any views?

James15
Contributor
Reasoning: DRD - chart looking 'okay' rather risky but has potential to make some good growth over short period. MTN - still going strong - no reason for it to slow down now..maybe a little late but still a solid prospect. SOL - looks like its going to take off sooner rather then later..Anyway these are my views please pass on yours. thanks.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
agree with you on DRD. I went long on it today as well. Like the graph.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm not sure what your timelines or expectations are Jimmy - but I see MTN has popped it's STO back above the 90 level again (gives me nervous twitches). After the price dropped a bit to 96 I see she's broken through 100 quite nicely. If I was impatient and wanted to long MTN asap I'd try to get in at below 102, and put stops in at around 9900 (SSF's, right?)
Sasol is still flirting with the top of a down-channel, and looks like it's not going to break that resistance and will make yet another double top - that's 4 in the past year now . . . In fact, it almost looks more like a short to me. Again. UNLESS, that is, the magical 249 gets broken convincingly.
I have no comment on DRD.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AVS- Totally agreed when it comes to SOL. More downtime ahead. Bulltrap.
0 Kudos
James15
Contributor
MTN stop loss of around 9900 sounds good. thanks.
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
I will consider DRD after the pull back. MTN + SOL good buys atm.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
MTN is going very strong. Maybe over bought, but that does not seem to worry MTN much.
SOL is sitting at a critical deciding point. I am waiting for it to make up its mind.
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
i think aculumating SOL on any downside would be wise as its just got to break 250 soon, DRD the old dog or it it a phoenix about to rise from the dead ????
0 Kudos