Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold Gold Gold...

Not applicable
Stop Rising, Gold!! $1000 is Enough!! Seriously, this sudden spark has being a profitable one but am i the only one here waiting for gold to start dropping as fast as it jumped forward??
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Are u ahort on HAR/GFI?? lol..if you are..ouch for you,when the US tanks tommorow..Golds gonna fly..
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
A number of experts recon it will struggle to break and maintain levels above 1,000. Or is it my wishfull thinking having been closed out by a stop loss on HAR too early last week???
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Gold hasn't reached $1000 yet....still more upside to come. Is it sustainable......not sure.....if the Dow tanks and the rand starts to weaken Gold could shoot up to $1030 before thinking about slowing down
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Weak stops get taken out just to get the smaller traders out the door leaving the direction and real money to elite traders. I believe saash is heading in that direction - elite trader ;-). Also I like to see gold trailing plat by 20% for a change. Plat has been easy 100% ahead of Gold for some time, until the crash last year, and finally Gold is comming back into its own. I am not a gold bull but like the market dynamics at play. Every green shoot discussion tends to lead to gold price spikes so there is a sector of the traders/investors that are reading past the spin doctors. OMO
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There are serious breakouts in all the big 3 gold miners as well as the gold mining index.I reckon the Roff must be going crazy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
100%..If the green shoots were that green,gold wouldve been dumped to $700..The way I see it,is the only reason the equity markets have been rallying is bcoz of the enormous liquidity that the stimulus packages have browt in.Theres absolutely no fundementals for the rally,earnings are as low as they can go.Investors are faced with a scenario,put money in bank and get 0% return or the wise 1s invest in gold ETF's/stocks, or the physical metal itself..I see gold flying..4th quarter US earnings disappointing and my view is that the record profits by the US investment banks were a once off play..I could be wrong,but ya thats the way I see things..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, its currently sitting around $994-$997 range.. Should see $1000 early tomorrow..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
You guessed it right.wishful thinking! :)
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Russ I think C Roff must be the happiest man in planet when gold hit 1000.
0 Kudos