Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold above US$1,000 - highest weekly close ever!

Not applicable
I believe the next 5 - 10 days are going to take us to all new highs never seem before. (Then possibly a big pull back.) Who is on board for a US$200 gain??
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
Not applicable
snap1 im tempted what bothers me though is when dollar weakens gold price goes up but strong rand is bad for goldmines so its a catch 22! any thoughts or other factors that must be considered?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
According to me the big bucks is on the downside. Im looking to short once the fat lady sings. Anyone agree and what shares?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I honestly don't know what the timelines are for higher gold. Just sticking to my stop loss, but also working on entry points seeing that the long term trend on gold is bullish. Everyone predicting where gold will be in the short term talk a lot of hogwash in my opinion. So my strategy is to sit back and enjoy the ride until my stop loss (which I adjust with higher highs) triggers. I make profit no matter where this gold price goes in the short run.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Gold $963 today, whats with the drop? Strong Dollar?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
reuters gives gold at 995.60/996.30 ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The JSE website gives gold at around $963, 4% down. Wonder if there's an error somewhere?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Add Gold as a commodity indicator on your watch list.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Thanks, where do I click? Just wondering why the discrepancy between reuters and JSE?!?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I see that the JSE figures now look like reuters figures. Did someone call em and tell em that they're a bunch of tossers?
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
I use this neat link. Can change time intervals (options top right corner), and can even get live data every 10sec: http://freeserv.dukascopy.com/chart/?stock_id=333&stock_id=333&interval=60&points_number=70&view_typ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And gold takes a hefty knock in the midrif, down to 993... expected to recover quickly though ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There are too many people offloading each time we get to 1000 or above. positive - each time we see a sell off the price recovers fairly quickly showing people buying on dips/support. I am still very very bullish
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold guru on my show last night, big US banks now short 31mil oz .. http://bit.ly/3W5uT ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah and we know they have this great track record of never messing up.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Sorry Simon, when is your show on classic? Daily, weekly?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, trade went against them .. so do they stop out .. oh no they increase trade size by 50% .. now some US$1.8billion in the hole .. that is a hectic margin call ..
0 Kudos