Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold and silver prospects

12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and
Gold and silver on the fly .. http://ow.ly/2Pc7w
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just watching gold prices shoot through 1360s and my gold shares are going nowhere slowly. How boring.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
.Simon - whats the deal with your Silver offering ? Is it a futures contract,an ETF,or an option ? Also what is the trading code.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
SBAS1 is the silver ETN .. the silver futures we are testing and will launch in a month or so ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am starting to get a feeling that we going to see a correction soon???? hmmmmmm. I am out. looking to go short......soon....if 1340 doesnt hold then it can get nasty.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Like Simon I'm no Gold bug - But there are signs all round to suggest precious metals ,Gold in particular,could have a strong and sustained run upwards. Weak $,US. economic policies,threat of D/Dip, inflation fears and so on. I've gone into GLD (small amount)and wiil also be looking at Silver. OMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree, but gold is getting more and more volatile. I can easily see a 100 point drop followed by 200 points back up by the end of this yea still.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
problem is .. weak US$ means strong ZAR ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree, but gold is getting more and more volatile. I can easily see a 100 point drop followed by 200 points back up by the end of this yea still.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
.Simon ,you're right of course,but the Rand's honeymoon might be coming to an end.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is a limit to how strong it can get.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
snap/striker .. sure an sure .. except there is a trend and standing in front of it tends to be bad for ones health .. an worse for ones bank balance .. thsi Rand could go to 6.50/6.00/5.???
0 Kudos