Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold bulls. Avoid 'em

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Stephen Mulholland on gold bulls .. They tend to be obsessive, boring and wrong .. http://www.miningmx.com/news/gold_and_silver/gold-bulls-bah-humbug.htm
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
jack12
Super Contributor
Thanks, I noticed that. Reminds me of the saying" on the wing and a prayer" but as you say a broken clock must be right twice a day!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
not if it is digital....
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
You cant trust modern technology!!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
:)) - trust you will be moving back to paper trading ???
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
Simon I'm the opposite RACONTEUR
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Simon - Just one little fact. When everything else came crashing down in 2008 you would have made 35% on GLD for that year. Not bad for a barbaric relic. Funny thing is I only trade the price like any other thing you buy or sell. In fact who cares what you buy when you only trade the price. It's short term and it makes money. If you ignore the noise from either the gold bugs or those bashing them you should be ok. Stephen Mulholland = noise. Richard Russell = noise.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Spot on Kwagga, you could be trading kangaroo skins, all that matters is the price and the chart.....gold still looks good to me on the charts with strong base support around the $1000 mark.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol .. indeed .. this is just taunting the gold bulls for some friday homour .. but none around ??
0 Kudos
unknown
Contributor
any thots on next weaks trading range on gold $, want to enter a position on gld...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
1) Learn to spell 2) Learn to trade 3) Make your own call
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Gold challenging $1020......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thats great. now the other half of the equation is what rand strength will there be. Strong rand/srtong gold price=nothing spectacular.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The movement we are seeing on the $ gold price appears to be due to rumours that certain oil contracts will be priced in a basket of currencies, instead of the $. I.e. we are seeing $ weakness rather than gold strength. The effect of this on the R gold price (GLD) should be fairly neutral.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fortunately mines don't follow GLD.
0 Kudos