Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold for the newbies

Not applicable
Well i wounder if there are any "Experienced traders" trading gold right now or if gold is only for the non expierenced traders ? Don't really now in which bracket I fit in but can tell u that IAM ALL OVER THIS BABY
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
john_1
Super Contributor
You are not an experinced trader untill you have taken losses trying to profit from gold.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Tell me about it John. Still sore from a 40k hit I took playing with warrants on GFI last year! Now THERE is a deadly combination!!Warrants and gold...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
U spot on Daytrader ... big diffrence between a company that produces gold in South Africa and the price of gold itself
0 Kudos
Not applicable
U spot on Daytrader ... big diffrence between a company that produces gold in South Africa and the price of gold itself
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Agree Hennie. In the process of offloading my last few SSF's on GFI. Luckily in the green but looking at the R/kg price of gold this share should have been At R150!! Better to play pure gold.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
See what I mean..
0 Kudos
Trader_Boy
Occasional Contributor
I'm with you guys there, lost a lot on a combination of Gold and warrants, never again
0 Kudos