Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold price action - Unexpected

kwagga
Super Contributor
Point is Simon - I don't like being stopped out. I'm not going to have sleepless nights about it, but it doen mean going back to the drawing board and find out what the hell went wrog and learn not to repeat it.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, only way to avoid stops is to stop trading .. it happens, often ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
We are nearing the bottom here. These things can turn on a dime. There are compelling fundamental reasons to hold these companies. I would not allow myself to be stopped out around these levels.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Will you look at that. I'm away for three hours and bang up from -1% to +3%. Poof, there goes the pessimism.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Down at 25 clicks below zero (was Defcon 0)it becomes clearer in the murk that strange lifeforms be multiplying rapidly. It appears to be an extraterestrial infestation of mutant ninja Frankfurters. So dit, not them again.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Ya..And I am with him...Dome who last first also laugh last.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Deacon 0 ....so that means all is well?
0 Kudos
Sagejyoung
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
OK - Now all of those buys (trades?) that were so slated are in the money - AIP / HAR / ANG / GFI / (NTC is still stalled.)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I see the light. It's so beautiful.;-)
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yeah - all of the naysayers on this sight - those postions are up nearly 800K in 6 weeks. Not too bad.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I somehow think that there is more to come. Might be a few scary ups and downs inbetween, but we'll get there.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so you buying th beers tonight after class ??
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
What I am buying is another lug of NTC's at these levels. Just to keep me on edge, you know..REI @ R13,80 would be good too.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Flight to the dollar it seems is the order of the day. Unbelievable to think US treasuries are so sought after. Are other options really so limited ? Gold price taking a another knock and we're already on R8.09 to the $.
0 Kudos
Sagejyoung
Occasional Contributor
do you think there is anymore positive action on this gold stocks we saw soar yesterday? i need direction, hand in cap.
0 Kudos