Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold price at 674 US$ - why the negative sentiment?

Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Too any gold-bull out there. Why is GFI at R109 when the gold price is at 674US$ and the exchange rate is at R7-10? Or is it the general pessimistic market that is dragging evertthing bar SOL down!?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
CE - I know you think its a dog and I am beginning to think so too! She took me for 40k last year on warrants. This year only 4k in SSF's (at the mom).
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Day Trader. Many forumites regard GFI as a "dog" share. I cannot give you a definate answer but it could be negative sentiment. Just Helping!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Gfi has been in a down trend for a very very long time. Gold prices have very little to do with gold miner prices and if you can't figure out why then stay away. In SA we all know of the great bull of the 1970 but that is also the age of melamine, platform shoes and Tie die shirts. So unless you are a tie die, bell bottom wearing dude with anarrow tie, brown suits and black rimmed glasses go look in other areas for cash. "cos times have changed my friend.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Agree J, hectic times lying ahead of gold producers in the years to come IMO. He who's got the gold, different story.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pessimism rules the day -good reason to sell
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pessimism rules the day -good reason to sell
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agree GFI is a dog that wont bark soon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agree GFI is a dog that wont bark soon