Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold shares

kwagga
Super Contributor
The market can remain irrational for longer that you can remain liquid It's so true for gold shares at the moment. I'm licking my lips for when the tide will turn on some of these gold shares, but everyday I can just shake my head in amazement as the sell off continues. Some real momentum players(to the downside)here. Just brutal man. I think some real gold bug hardliners crying themselves to sleep at night at the moment.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
whats your feeling on things today (and this week?)....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think patience is virtue. It could turn any day, week, or month. Gfi is basically trading on R36 support and testing it, but making a call on whether that support will hold is anyone's guess.
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
I doubt that there is much upside until the macroeconomics around tapering become clear. If the correlation of gold to US interest rates holds, there could be more downside ahead...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Took a GFI knibble today. Spec buy. omo
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
That massive 12 year head and shoulder on gfi which started early 2002 and broke down about a month ago should be enough to scare anyone off.Sure you might get bounces,as we said a few weeks ago,but hell,that's not easy money!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nope, no easy money here
0 Kudos