Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold

barry_1
Super Contributor
I hold none at the moment,i just thought SIM holders might be interested. Go to.....miningmx.com/gold_silver/603908.htm......Where they describe a new find c they call the CARLIN TREND find as it resembles the same in Nevada.They are already teaching themselves to leach by trickeling cyanide over a heap of rock to catch the gold under such a pile,something never done before.This would turn this mine into one of the largest in SA. and spoil another of my peaceful towns,namely Pilgrims Rest and Graskop and area!
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
CE
Super Contributor
Interesting, thanks Barry. I hold 10 000 @ 251. I see there is just no end to EXX, you should be creaming it ! Bit overbought at mo ?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes maybe,but i think it is probably difficult to price it right as we don't know what the assets are actually worth and i suppose guesses are driving it higher.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Ah, now falling victim to gold fever just bought SIM ,usually don't buy gold.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Both SIM and Naomi's Great Basin Gold are performing better than the more established older gold mines,i guess they carry less baggage.
0 Kudos
Mangrove
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Barry, very interesting - will take a look. Bought 1390 a few days ago at R5, so pleased as punch they're up. (Sorry, new investor and all excited!)
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I would guess that Uranium is the main driving force. OMO
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Barry, both my AFO and SIM have done infinitely better than the bigger boys. Sold my SIM last year when Naomi and you got out around 250 and bought them back after the Jaganda debacle at 170. I'm keeping them.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Good call Ditzy!Naomi likes gold,dunno if theres a hint some where in that for me!How ever i usually ignore anything that gonna to cost me bucks.She also went back into AFO but then it triggered a while back.She then asked me why i placed a stop-loss on it,anyways had to think of other ways to make it up to her!
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Atta boy !
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Jeez, who's pulled the plug on gold!!!! (D@mn, now that is also ruined thanks to C, same as makes u think does it not) Anycase, did watch action from 15, so did the drop in gold happen after hour market close and therefore likely to only impact SIM next week? Bought the ssf this week just as we passed the previous ath, sitting pretty at the mo
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
I was lucky to get in early, what is your feeling tom SIM since its been rising like there is no tomorrow?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Don't know if question is for me,but in my opinion SXR is going to push it much higher over the next couple of months on URANIUM sentiment alone.As SXR which has nothing to do with Simmers ramps up ,excitement in general over any owners of uranium such as URANIUM ONE which is 70% owned by SIMMERS STARTS TO BRING IT INTO THE SIGHTS OF FOREIGN BUYERS.The Gold ramp up as described above will also play a signifigant role.Every thing of course depends on the GOLD price and the EXCHANGE RATE.Impossible to say what will happen from day to day.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Convinced meself it was time to buy last Friday and it has risen 9% since then.I hold no other gold shares etc in any form as it is too erratic to trade for my liking.
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
U guys must have seen the volumes already! Some serious sellers (of course and buyers) today. Of course I know on which side I woulda wanted to be.... mmm mebe a new 911, nah a yacht and not a sh@tty 20 footer lik mic ;]
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi Barry, have you noticed the Platinum price today, Over 1200, the plats are going to to continue to outperform gold again.OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dispite the plat price both IMP and AMS down today, you guy's got any suggetions?
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
An perhaps I shoulda mentioned not the 10m per SBK site but the 30MILLION per prices streamer (Some 20m of market trade somewhere)! Makes for approx Rm180 for da day
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi John,yes,as US now opening will be interesting,i'll hold of course all plats till around LDT.
0 Kudos