Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Gold

Russ
Super Contributor
Robert McEwen,Chairman of US Gold Corp announced Tuesday that he expected gold prices to rise to at least $2000 and possibly as high as $5000 by 2010.The current price of an ounce of gold is $669. (www.thebulliondesk.com)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
yes he would wouldnt he....the bulliondesk is a good site but it has an agenda...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
only US$5k? Heck mon no ambition. I say US$10k at least, and soon - very soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes he would wouldnt he....the bulliondesk is a good site but it has an agenda...
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
Question ? is holding GLD chares as good as holding physical gold..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, in fact generally better.
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
Thanks Simon
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Do you like mean this year?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
russ, I mean like Monday. No point is beating aroudn the bush, time to move thsi baby.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It won't go to $10000 by Monday.Not this Monday,anyway.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm, that certainly deflated by ego. Well anyways I don't own/buy gold so no worries.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
NO..it is not.GLD is just electronic gold,but If the Mine-strikes get worse in this country( and they're setting up,big-time),then GLD is better than holding Shares.(I'm watching this whole scenario,carefully.).##...Krugers are King ito INSURANCE.Real Gold.In your possession.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
zarp, you are wrong. ABSA (who manage GLD) psychically have the gold in a vault somwhere. So it is no smoke and mirrors with some real benefits; security, spread, ease of transaction, cost of transaction, no comm. And anyways when the end of the world comes what use is gold? You can't eat it, can;t use it to defend yourself, etc. My bucket of water will be worth more then allt he gold in the world.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon when we get that far the most popular currency is more likely to be buttplugs....bring on the apocalypse...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon..heh.Ever heard of the old saying: "Possession is 9/10ths of the law." ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
chartist, exactly. That's why I collect water and red wine.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya zarp, an I got the water will not want your gold. So the 9/10's in on my side.
0 Kudos