Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Goldfields

Highlighted
New Contributor
I am long on Goldfields. I believe it is an incredible buying opportunity at current prices
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
A cautionary tale - see above - "I jumped the gun by one day on my indicator triggers, but it was pretty clear that they would fire based on today's move."... HAR down over 3% today - immediate feedback from the market that breaking the rules and trading pre-trigger will not be tolerated!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Having been away it seems clear to me that we are in the middle of a major sector rotation away from resourse and into industrials and safe industrials at that, trading resourse counters in this climate might be a bit like watching the tide go out and expecting to catch the big wave of the day.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Interesting to see how many folks are so fixed on gold and gold shares.Far easier money to be made in other sectors.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
yep. high and dry. All my stops hit intra-day and I'm out. Thinking of removing all gold shares from my watchlist... never liked them much anyway..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
how are you doing mate.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Hi John... not a great start - got stopped out of the first 3 trades for the year today. Now I'm hoping prices fall of a cliff and that I wasn't whipped out! I'm not pleased that I lost some money, but the good news is that I stuck to my stops, and my exit level was exactly on target to keep less than 5% of trading capital at risk on any single trade.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Sorry to hear that, I am glad you are tightening your risk profile, I know I got cocky at the end of last year and payed heavily. I am struggling to find any long entries the market has had quite a run.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Where is B and G. Out in the love truck or stuck in the bushes?
0 Kudos