Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Goldfields

miro
New Contributor
I am long on Goldfields. I believe it is an incredible buying opportunity at current prices
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
A cautionary tale - see above - "I jumped the gun by one day on my indicator triggers, but it was pretty clear that they would fire based on today's move."... HAR down over 3% today - immediate feedback from the market that breaking the rules and trading pre-trigger will not be tolerated!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Having been away it seems clear to me that we are in the middle of a major sector rotation away from resourse and into industrials and safe industrials at that, trading resourse counters in this climate might be a bit like watching the tide go out and expecting to catch the big wave of the day.
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Interesting to see how many folks are so fixed on gold and gold shares.Far easier money to be made in other sectors.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
yep. high and dry. All my stops hit intra-day and I'm out. Thinking of removing all gold shares from my watchlist... never liked them much anyway..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
how are you doing mate.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Hi John... not a great start - got stopped out of the first 3 trades for the year today. Now I'm hoping prices fall of a cliff and that I wasn't whipped out! I'm not pleased that I lost some money, but the good news is that I stuck to my stops, and my exit level was exactly on target to keep less than 5% of trading capital at risk on any single trade.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sorry to hear that, I am glad you are tightening your risk profile, I know I got cocky at the end of last year and payed heavily. I am struggling to find any long entries the market has had quite a run.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Where is B and G. Out in the love truck or stuck in the bushes?
0 Kudos