Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Goldfields

MC
Occasional Visitor
Anyone know why goldfields dropping?
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Not applicable
Yes, I would also like to know...
0 Kudos
skoorb
Frequent Contributor
Their operations in Chavez territory????
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think uncertainty in the current trading range of gold, might answer some questions. Gold is stuck between resistance at $620 and $570/580. It can go both ways, and most people it seems to expect it to go south. Gold needs to build a base at current levels, before I suspect it moving higher anytime soon. It seems that gold shares are discounting this risk into the current price, but I could be wrong. I'm waiting for a move above the $620 levels. If current $/R prices remain gold shares will shoot the lights out. omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sometimes the hardest questions have the simplest answers - GFI failed to break resistance and fell back... no conjecture, no doubts - just a simple explanation for a everyday market event....
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I was just going to say "more sellers than buyers" but thought it was a bit terse ; )
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Is there a simple answer as to when DRD will break resistance above 10?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
no, nobody can tell the future. Only probabilities.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The TA association of SA would be proud of you with that remark Chartist.
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Poeple are selling off their unwanted gold X-mas jewellery to gamble on BEG shares next week....black GOLD thats is hey Frank ??
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
Investors/Traders get into gold shares NOW, this wont get any better R 122 is Support , wont drop below this , almost sure of it even if gold loses more ground .... BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY ...
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Paribus
Contributor
Me thinks Vusi might be trying to talk up this share. So you're long then, hey?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Vusi, I think you're jumping the gun a little. I'll wait for confirmation before I get back into this one.
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
Guys ,guys ...Gold sector will be Huge 2morrow(Monday).. Will be looking to buy some warrants or Futures .. 1)Gold had Big Run yesterday , a proper run and 2)not nullified by the exchange rate ... 3)Whole gold sector oversold Bullish sign I hope i am right , Trading is not for the week ...
0 Kudos
Paribus
Contributor
You're right. With all the new people coming onto the forum it seems its more 'the flavour of the month'.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Is it only me that thinks HAR is a better bet at the moment?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
No Barry, I also think HAR is the easier trade and got into HARDBI today. HAR turned exactly on a support line, and I figure the risk/reward is much better on HAR. I jumped the gun by one day on my indicator triggers, but it was pretty clear that they would fire based on today's move. My stop for today/tomorrow is at 9450 on the underlying.
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
looks like i am seeing by Ass ...Along with one or two others ,,,But it will have to turn soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon. Any thoughts
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
Guys Gold is shot the lights out soon , 3 weeks I will be loaded
0 Kudos