Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good choices?

shorty
Contributor
At present I only hold HVL and Palamin. My daughter holds Redefine, ABT, Palamin HVL MET FRB and Santam. Are we well invested? Please forum advise.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Shorty,today HVL is the only share GAINING it would seem.The approval to sell to Ervaz has come through.I don't know what will happen,i don't hold any at the moment,but if i did I WOULD HAVE A STOP LOSS in case it goes the other way.I'm glad u made such good gains from when i first mentioned it to u.PAM should continue to do well as long as the copper price stays so high,but remember the mine has some difficulties peculiar to it as they have sunk theuir main shaft in the previous worked out pit.Keep monitering their SENS for clues.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Be patient with the property as the main purpose is to obtain a good stream of(taxable)interest income,as the income rises the capitalvalue will also go up,but never as fast as shares.MET is a good choice.Im looking at all the assurances and not yet decided which one to take,but they ought al to do very well as they haveadapted to the changing environment very well.....FRB ?
0 Kudos
shorty
Contributor
Thanks Barry for your advice I will be cautious with HVL. FRB I meant First National Bank. Best regards.
0 Kudos
shorty
Contributor
Barry I noticed that about 5million HVL and 5million Santams were on offer by a big seller. Do you think that these offers will have a bearing on the share prices? I really appreciate your responses. Looking forward to your reply.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Palamin is a bit of a risk, but if copper prices continue to rise, it should do well in the short term. With its history I would not consider it a long term hold. The property stocks are good for income and longer term growth. Hiveld will probably run for a while. Santam is one of my personal favourites, although you might expect some short term turbulence. Buying FirstRand is like buying the entire financial sector. A good long term, diversified holding (plus rumours of an international buyout - although I don't have much faith in it). Therefore, your overall holdings seem, in my opinion, to be fairly good investments.
0 Kudos
shorty
Contributor
Thanks, Declan, for your input.
0 Kudos