Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good gap close potential

Not applicable
Good potential to close the gap and move to around 30200
0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
Rams
Super Contributor
entry for gap close will 30366
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
entry for gap close will be 30366
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
If you trade the gap do you usually enter positions before the JSE opens or after? Is there usually a big movemement in the ALSI as soon as the JSE opens?
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
If you trade the gap do you usually enter positions before the JSE opens or after? Is there usually a big movement in the ALSI as soon as the JSE opens?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as I have told you beore a double top is always a good short entry...30480 my entry
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sentiment sorry that was for rams...i usually scale in...480 just seemed very obvious to start having a nibble
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No there is not. The larger move comes when the ftse open at 10 am (9 am when daylight saving is off). This is by far the more important move and usually set the tone for the day.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
were you not short overnight?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes but a very small position way withing my per trade loss parameters of 2.5% of portfolio (.5 % in fact). Now at breakeven.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you should have closed the overnight position. I know i would have or the market would have taken me out....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no need to the trade is now in profit...thats the difference between a bank call centre worker and a trader.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
if this gap does not close.. i feel for the shorts calling divergence on this top..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so you add to your position when the market moves against you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but on your own website, you have a golden rule (chartist's rules) that say no overnight positions?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
on day trades yes...thanks for visiting the site though.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
yes he does..."contrarian trading i presume" he would have had added atleast double wat he held short overnight to breakeven at the point he said he is breakeven..shorts on a nice little bull leash today..they are are doubling up to hope for this gap to close..not saying it wont but the bulls know who is in pain..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so then what instruments are you using for overnight positions?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Alsi, a good trader would have have closed the overnight short, irrespective of where the market is headed today.
0 Kudos