Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good gap close potential

Not applicable
actaully its much smaller compared to the 400 points i called yesterday but of course thats history. If you are to look at the heading of the post you will find you are incorrect in your statment in many ways.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
the heading of your post was destroyed when you said "we missed the real trade" im asuming it was the trade you said u shorted(post fact again) "490 and locked in profits at 410"
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Traders try to hard. Here's a formula: Buy stocks I believe in. Sell them after s strong run. Buy them after an agressive pullback. Done it for years. Use a few different brokers to ensure that I am exposed to various views on the market (and have someone to talk to.) Establish a hedge as insurance if / when things get rough. Use the profits to buld positions in illiquid / speculative/ value stocks to mix it up a little. Get on with your life and figure out what to do with all the money!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Traders try too hard. Here's a formula: Buy stocks I believe in. Sell them after s strong run. Buy them after an agressive pullback. Done it for years. Use a few different brokers to ensure that I am exposed to various views on the market (and have someone to talk to.) Establish a hedge as insurance if / when things get rough. Use the profits to buld positions in illiquid / speculative/ value stocks to mix it up a little. Get on with your life and figure out what to do with all the money!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
can you explain to me the logic of shorting a market that has hit all time highs because to me at an all time high the only losers are the short-sellers and those who are sitting on the side line. even on a day trading basis it makes sense to buy the dips because the risk is much lower. by the way my forecast of 35,000 on the TOPI still stands.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
sponno..ego overides logic. pyschology 101.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Where is the next short Alsi?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
ALSI replies: "I think its at 31,000 or maybe 32,000. no wait I'm actually wrong". when you are wrong you must admit it at least to yourself. I learned from HateGauteng that short-shelling is just way too risky.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
now for the dreaded after 5 pump?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pity u didnt take the trouble to watch the island reversal vid and what sign to look for...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but hey, the gap did not close and we did not reach 30200. You went short when? Ah yes, at 30260 and then at 30480. the market moved 370 points against you. Thats not only embarrasing but unfortunate: i wish you could make a list of all the rules you broke as i pointed them out to you and try not to break them anymore because the market reeled you in today. Dont think too much, dont talk too much and most of all dont "bellicose" too much!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but hey, the gap did not close and we did not reach 30200. You went short when? Ah yes, at 30260 and then at 30480. the market moved 370 points against you. Thats not only embarrasing but unfortunate: i wish you could make a list of all the rules you broke as i pointed them out to you and try not to break them anymore because the market reeled you in today. Dont think too much, dont talk too much and most of all dont "bellicose" too much!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rams- Alsitrader makes good reading and I am sure many have benefitted from this.There are a few people on this forum that are fixed on bringing this guy down.This obsession is becoming toxic.Need I also mention that those that are so opposed to Alsitrader are probably and secretly in awe of this guys insight/knowledge.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
mose, are you trading derivatives and are you trading the ALSI futures?
0 Kudos