Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good morning boys and girls.

john_1
Super Contributor
OK I am back...I gave you up for lent. So please tell me some of you have been making money while I have been gone... Whats news?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
PaulC
Super Contributor
Not much things have been pretty quiet since you left. I think many people are waiting to see if this rally has legs.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Welcome back ol'Johnny boy.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
John, hows trading going?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Welcome back John, it's good for the forum.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yea, good to know you're there
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Were you banned as well John. Or did you stay away in sympathy for Chartist. How's things going with Chartist?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hi John, I'm liking the look of the reverse head and shoulders, waiting for some confirmation that this does indeed have some legs.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit guys. Ya good to be back. I did get a whole lot of stuff done instead of shooting the breeze while I was gone. Trading has been a bit up an down I had a ***** feb, good march, ***** april. Ya this market is just wanting to rally but with the DOW at the top of its downward channel. Its hard to concieve that all is well in the world. I have been felling an increasing desire to go back to long term holds as A part of me believes the bear is dead and now is the time to buy for ones retirment. So you can see that I am quite clearly stuck in 2 minds.. Think I should go drink some coffe and contemplate it just a little more.. having said that I am a fan of implats, anglo's, Billiton and Brith American Tabacco....Do you realize that they sell nearly 1000 cigarettes per person per year in SA alone( they sell 30 billion sticks in SA and 715 billion globally...thats a pack a week at R5 profit per pack per person.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - but some of us don't smoke, so I guess others of us are making up for you and I?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we is a population of about 40 million and they sell 30 billion cigs. talk about a company that prints money long term... Biggest threats are not heath its taxation and conterfiet. There is the small moral issue that 1 in 10 people die early as a result of ciggarettes so if you are ok with that then its a no brainer....and since everybody dies anyway...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not Banned just gave up talking k ak for lent.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So you given up on daytrading John ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No but if the trend breaks up. One has to view this as a once in a generation buying opp so one must commit capital
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Johno Boy...you span 2 generation already....you be a salt & pepper beard...which one is it gonna be?....good to see around again. adios.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If a little skeem I have going works out I won't be needing to day trade as the funds will be thick, fast and flowing in... Can't talk about it just yet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Pyramid skeems are illegal John...
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
...naaaice work John....le Carré
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
you should speak to madoff about your scheme, worked for him for years.
0 Kudos