Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good morning!!

john_1
Super Contributor
This forum is more asleep then the market... Somebody must have an outragous story to tell..Go on..spill the beans
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
I lost R1300 in early trade. Had a nice breakfast and am now feeling good after painting my nails black to reflect the colour i wish to see my portfolio later today.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL...were exactly did you get the black polish to begin with..
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
I have a freaky girlfriend.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I went for a walk along the lagoon. Peckish when I got back so made two pieces of toast with butter and apricot jam. Just made coffee.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So then did you two make the Joost video?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
(referring to Ian and girlfriend, not Brazen...)
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Phew. I just want to have my coffee in peace. No funny stuff.
0 Kudos
Sfiso_1
Occasional Contributor
Hi all, if everyone is so bored than maybe someone can help me. I have a research report to finish on 'good companies with bad management' and 'bad companies with good managenent'. which companies could i reference and which type would you prefer to invest in??? Thanx
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Should it be local or international companies? I think I'll invest in a good company with bad management ... you can fire the management and hire good ones. If you have a bad company/bad business model then no amount of good effort can change a bad business model!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hm, take a look into Beige, Don Suite, and Faritech for your articles. I'd also go with the good co bad management option.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the only kind of company were managment stuggle to ***** it up is the cigarette, beer, drugs even food can suffer from managment (pick n pay under Raymond compared to now.)... Look at anglo..in the 50's-60's they were one of the biggest companies in the world.. business has not changed much but the their value continues to fall... just look at the mondi unbundeling...they got so shafted.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you could compare the managment of SSF by Absa vs SFm...the managment of the risk in one company cost absa 1 billion vs SFM that have not lossed a million bucks..
0 Kudos