Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Good time to buy?

AJDK
Frequent Contributor
What are your views on banks in general and SBK? Surely at current price it should be quite a bargain? Maybe Im missing something important?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
platsak
Super Contributor
already 30000shares being offered below year low. Maybe wait a while. Looks like its going to get cheaper.
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
just put in a bid at 84,have i got a chance
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
That is interesting. Thank you. Where do you see those offers to buy/sell? Do you use price streamer? Maybe other 3rd party sites/apps?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Yes I use price streamer.Down to R86 currently.
0 Kudos
jackandthebeans
Occasional Contributor
I don't think you are missing anything. The banking stocks have got to be winners. I can't see the PE's winding (as opposed to unwinding).
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
of course, these are bargains in everysense of the game. am not sure they have got to the bottoms, you will probably getting them cheaper.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I using the opportunity to buy every dip that comes along. If we are wrong at least both of us will be in trouble. Hear a lot of people punting Firstrand. I myself also like Standard Bank. There was a string yesterday were Simon explained the effects of the Chinese deal. Low down is its getting more of a reality that 11% of your shares will be sold for R139 in the future. So theres at least R52 rand value on 11 % of the share.
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
But if all the banks are currently down, would this deal still have such a big effect on the SBK price? Maybe that would be the turn-around for the bank shares in general?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Why go long into a down trend? Wait, patience a time will come to go long maybe tomorrow but not today. Wait for a reversal chart pattern it will come but when who knows?.
0 Kudos