Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Goodbye Avios, goodbye Std card?

partridge
Super Contributor
Well obviously they are not making money out of it but the unannounced dropping of this from Std Card is irksome. What kind of a marketing organization does this without letting its customers know. End month takes effect - and replacement options - well you tell me. Fortunately(?) Absa offers this link on their cards. Guess.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
They want to force STD card holders to subscribe to uCount. A useless programme in my opinion. I think I'll try Discovery since i'm a member of their medical aid.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
rewards programs are useless 99.99% of the time .. maybe if one actually flies a lot then the airline ones work, otherwise rather give me better fees and services
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Agreed. I fly a lot but the benefit is small considering the cost of airport taxes still to be paid. The membership does not terminate on 31/1 only the link to Std card. Received this info on 20/12
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Air miles are about the most useless rewards around. Easy to earn, impossible to spend...
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Cash in your pocket or instant discount is the only one humans want..........And please we need one card for all cards..........Surely Clicks, woolies pnpay rewards are not so valuable that they could not have one card for all.eish
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, for sheer service value, I am pretty happy with discovery. And the loyalty discounts are kinda useful. Kulula discounts of 10% makes a difference - as does the virgin active membership and some of the cash back features. As for voyager miles - international fare upgrades dudes and dudettes! Now that makes a difference!
0 Kudos