Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Great dive on alsi

janne
Frequent Contributor
this morning, but i guess this is a good opportunity to go long here, one hour chart pointing upwards.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, 1 hour on ALSI is up but SP500 1 hour is down but in a range so cant make a call on its 1 hour trend.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We now also have the JUN11 FINI.Quite the hot-rod and only R9k per contract.9x leverage.Makes it quite attractive versus the ALSI,which costs far more per said contract and 10x leverage.## Hope the ALSI reaches 29200.I need 4 Short at/above for the Big Ride down.The Big Ride down.The Big Ride down...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
margin amount not important, but a 21 point spread is pretty rough ..
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
What is actually reason for these wide spreds, ALMI is even worse, whne alsi is on 5 pips, almi is on 80. CAn anyone shed light on it, please, is it number of buyers?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
liquidity... no volume-higher the spread. ALMI- not enuf volume. Forex-tight spread because of liquidity....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if ALMI is on 80 than coz market maker is not in .. typically they 3-6 points either side of the ALSI spread ..
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
VI,good to see you alive and kicking, hope you cashed in and still cashing in on GLD
0 Kudos
Not applicable
prancing horse:Hi there.Gld made me some honest money.I've switched to the ALSI (since March).It's faster.It's working.And it's....exciting,like leaning over Niagara Falls and just breathing in all that ...death(heh).I use the Zarp Method.(don't ask.).It involves tinfoil hats and special frequencies,etc.Anyway,good trading out there.This Piranha has to swim to Disinfo Gorge and disseminate the latest noise.A flick 'o the tail....he's gone.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Preparing for a short later?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
was short, was long,now short
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Long at open,then short.then long again.Out now waiting for more action.Looks like 28150 to 28250 is back as a target for me.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
jumped it a bit but low risk since stop was at high of day and now stop at breakeven....time to go fishing
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Now at 61.8% retrace of days high
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and bounced off! Taken profit and closed at 61.8%....well done again Christos
0 Kudos