Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Green Market tomorrow for JSE?

Not applicable
US opened in the green, what is everyones thoughts?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
_nova
Super Contributor
Man I wouldn't try to guess right now. The DOW is swinging like a jilted lover.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Forget it boet, trend is down. But you can gap in here and there and make some moola.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I realized today I have no idea and have decided to stop trying and just go with the flow. Is that capitulation I wonder.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
As I live and breathe I am totally gobsmacked! The VIX at 76.66 is just totally out there on the lunatic fringe. This market can go any direction. However, the LIBOR 3 MONTH still at 4.5025 is much too high and clearly sends a message of distrust. The big financials are not lending, it's that simple. These 2 indicators are uber important. That LIBOR rate must come down to at least below 3 to start thawing the credit market. It's just too expensive now for companies to borrow
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this could be big if Dow pushes through 8700 / 2 inverted H/S on a slope the other at 8700 !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What the? I short the dow for over 200 points and now its back up above 8700. I should've taken the second gravy train. Anyway, tommorow will be another day.
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
Up over 400 points. Green day tomorrow it is.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
whooowee we going to have the GAP UP of all gap ups this morning! There's going to be some wild swing trade opportunities today!
0 Kudos
og
Frequent Contributor
It can only be green - no more red left in the colour spectrum lol
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
careful, the DOW futures are flat to slightly red and the VIX is still on lithium
0 Kudos