Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Grindrod doing quite nicely lately

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know most of the people here dont like GND, but i just have to say its actually doing quite well now. up about 7% in the past 2 days... and i think as time goes by it will be even much better...
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Yeah Wern,.. After the 22nd Jan move finished up,.. I picked that share out as a recent quick buck venture,... Obviously having to head back up to the R20 zone,. a quick R5 per to be made,.. Luffing it all the wayyy,..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I held GND since those early days, can you remember? Only added to the position when the lowest levels were reached. was a very good buy in my opinion...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, it has probably been one of my most profitable shares since the crash - because it is one of the few that I have had absolute confidence in climbing in at rock bottom prices. Bought at 1000 in the crash, and again at 1370. Although I did take profit last time when the directors were ditching their stock in huge volumes.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Well done! I really like this company, i also got in at those levels approx. i owned shares in the company for more than 5 years, and added just after the crash... Didnt you ask for my email, i posted a comment, but didnt hear from you? [email protected]...
0 Kudos
Herms
Contributor
Hi there Werner. I agree with you completely. Seeing how much you love this share I started looking into it a while back. Got in at around R13. I really think that this company will do really well over the next 10 years as it is really well suited for the slow recovery(steady earnings growth). They also have a really strong balance sheet and are on the lookout for new investment opputunities. I truely think that this one is a must have for the value investor.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Excellent... I am glad to hear that... hows investing going on your side? lately we had some good moves...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmm, seems like this price move is based on some speculation around an approved merger. Seems like a deal that is likely to add an extra R380m to Grindrod's topline although we don't know at what cost. Thats about 1% of turnover, so I don't know if this has any real impact
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks for mentioning the deal - here's a link for those that are interested : http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=563&fArticleId=5420511
0 Kudos