Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Grindrod - the ultimate rand hedge

Not applicable
Shipping contracts in dollars, reporting in Rands. Crude oil a huge cost and coming down. Based on current contribution you are still getting the shopping business almost for free at these prices. I remember the CEO in the past reporting on the huge significance of the exchange rate on their bottom line
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Major
Regular Contributor
They do have some rand businesses too - logistics and financial services. Great company though, and should be a decent dividend payer again soon.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes correct,i also feel the same way about Trencor,although its not well understood locally,any way as divs increases for both it's all that matters for me.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I always liked GND! seems like it looks a bit better now again...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I always liked GND! seems like it looks a bit better now again...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hello ! Where are u these days ,as we rarely hear from U?...Have U still got a website?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Hi Barry, I dont comment much but read the posts now and then... maybe i should start commenting again... was always fun! I created a forum thread on TickerTalk so the website isnt there anymore unfortunately, the thread is quite dead too, not much discussions happening, maybe need to revive it!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
GND stuck at resistance.I think it's next move will be down.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Werner,Mr Ben Bernanke, is giving you an opportunity to buy more GND's. btw, I have got 3 letters for you....> F...S....R
0 Kudos